Conference Committee reserves the right to disqualify any entry it believes contains obscene, offensive, or inappropriate content.
Conference Committee reserves the right to combine categories due to insufficient numbers of entries or split categories due to a high volume of entries.
This is a double blind contest, where the authors don't know the judges names and the judges don't know the authors names.
The names of the judges will not be disclosed.
Entrants must be current conference attendees to place and receive prizes. Entrants who cancel their conference registration after the submission deadline will still receive critiques, but will be ineligible to place.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Submissions open May 18th. Deadline has been extended to Friday, July 12, 2019 at 11:59 MST (AZ) (see more details below). Prizes awarded at ANWA's Writers Conference September 12 - 14, 2019
$10 per entry
BOB CONTEST Categories:
- MIDDLE GRADE
- YOUNG ADULT GENERAL
- YOUNG ADULT HISTORICAL FANTASY / HIGH FANTASY
- YOUNG ADULT CONTEMPORARY FANTASY / SCI-FI / DYSTOPIA
- ADULT SPECULATIVE (FANTASY / SCI-FI / DYSTOPIA )
- ROMANCE (CONTEMPORARY/HISTORICAL)
- MYSTERY / SUSPENSE / WOMEN'S FICTION
- NONFICTION / MEMOIR / HISTORICAL / GENERAL FICTION
WHO MAY ENTER:
- All writers registered for the ANWA 2019 Writers Conference, published and unpublished, may enter.
- All entries must be original and not previously accepted for publication or production at the time of submission.
- The conference committee members responsible for BOB are ineligible to submit an entry and are required to maintain anonymity of the judges and the competitors.
- Prizes will be awarded at the 2019 ANWA Conference on Friday, September 13th.
- All entries will receive critiques from three separate judges.
- The critiques will be emailed directly to the contestants within two weeks of the conclusion of the ANWA Writers Conference.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You must register for conference before you enter the BOB Contest.
- All entries due by Midnight on Sunday, July 7, 2019 (MST/AZ time.) Deadline has been extended to Friday, July 12, 2019 at 11:59 MST (AZ).
- You will receive a personal response once your entry has been logged by those mananging the BOB Contest.
- Submit the first 500 words ONLY.
- Submit your BOB entry as an e-mail attachment, .doc or .docx format.
- Style Guide: Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial, 12pt, and double spaced.
- Entries not submitted correctly before the deadline will lose points or may be disqualified.
- The subject of your email should include: Your name, TITLE of your work in all caps, and Contest Category (Genre.)
- Your document should be submitted and saved with the TITLE, in all caps, and Genre.
- Please remove any mention of your name from the actual manuscript portion of the attachment.
- *OPTIONAL* Once you've submitted your entry, let everyone know by saving one or more of the buttons below and posting to your social media!
- Note: The same submission cannot be entered into multiple genre categories in a single contest year. However, you are welcome to enter more than one submission into the contest.