All conference faculty and current ANWA members who are registered for the conference are eligible to sell their books in the ANWA Writers Conference bookstore. If there are spots remaining, other conference attendees may participate.
New for 2019! You can sign up for the bookstore on the Bookstore registration form.
Also new for 2019! Authors selling their books in the ANWA Conference Bookstore will have the opportunity to buy a $3 listing in the Bookstore section of the ANWA Conference App, and conference attendees will be able to preview those listings from the comfort and convenience of their own phones. You can purchase the $3 listing on the Bookstore registration form.
- Each author must be able to offer at least one tangible published book (multiple copies) for sale to reserve a spot in the bookstore.
- You do not have to sell your own books. There will be one central cashier. Cash, credit and debit cards will be accepted.
- There is a 15% fee for each book sold, which is used to pay the cashiers and cover any costs of running the bookstore. The 15% will be deducted from the price you set for your books.
- Sales tax will be added to the price you set. Do not include sales tax estimate in the price of your book(s).
- You must insert a business-card sized card, or use your actual business card, and write YOUR NAME, the NAME OF THE BOOK and the BOOK'S PRICE for each copy of your book(s). These business-card sized cards will be retained by the cashier after the sale in order to determine each author's book sales.
- When someone buys your book, the cashier will remove the card with YOUR NAME, the NAME OF THE BOOK, and the BOOK'S PRICE and save it. At the end of the conference, your books' sales will be totaled using the cards. If there is any discrepancy between the number of books you placed in the bookstore and the number of cards the cashier collects, you will be paid based on the cards collected by the cashier. ANWA will deduct the 15% fee from that total. You will receive payment via check or PayPal approximately four weeks after the conference.
- You place your books in the bookstore at your own risk, however the bookstore will be locked when the store is closed.
- Space depends on how many authors sign up to sell their books. Some of the tables will line the wall, so you can use the wall space directly behind your table space for posters/banners (please check with hotel on what they allow to adhere those items to the wall). A free-standing or table top display is preferable. Some tables will run down the center of the room. You will only be able to use a table top display on those tables. The bookstore will assign spaces, which you will be shown when you check in. The bookstore reserves the right to adjust the displays you have set up to fairly accommodate everyone.
- You will not be able to sit at the table to sign or sell your book.
- You can leave extra copies of your book in a small box or small rolling suitcase if it fits under your portion of the table and doesn't prohibit neighboring authors from doing the same. The bookstore will not refresh your display. It is your responsibility to put out more copies as your books are sold.
- The bookstore will be open for authors to set up their book display Thursday around noon and Friday morning. Exact times will be sent in August with your Bookstore Registration packet. Check with the registration area when you arrive at the conference. Each author is responsible for setting up their own display.
- You may place bookmarks, business cards or other freebies as part of your display. You may also leave a form requesting email addresses.
- The bookstore will be open Friday and Saturday. Check with Bookstore overseer or cashier for specific hours.