The Northwest Retreat is sponsored by the Northwest Region of the American Night Writers Association. It is held annually to allow ANWA women writers an opportunity to write, hone their craft, and experience a beautiful setting. Our 2023 retreat will be held at the Rosario Beach Marine Laboratory located at beautiful Rosario Beach. We will enjoy a large common area as well as cabins. Open to all female members of ANWA.
Write-in: 3 PM October 11th – 3 PM October 12th
Retreat: 3 PM October 12 – 11 AM October 14
Full Retreat – $115
Wednesday Write-In: $35
*No refunds after October 1st, 2023
REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 1, 2023
What to Bring
- Paying for a private room will give you a whole double bed or a dorm room with a set of bunks. You will need to bring bedding such as a pillow and a sleeping bag or sheets, etc. Some of the beds are getting older, so a foam pad is a nice addition if you have one.
- A hymnal if you have one
- A laptop, iPad, or whatever device you usually use for your writing. If you have a short extension cord, you might find that handy. We will have Internet access.
- Snacks if you’d like.
- Towel, soap, and personal toiletries, medications etc. A hand towel for the bathroom and a kitchen towel might come in handy.
- Layers of clothing (Our highs are in the low 50’s, and we’ll be on the ocean.)
- Money/checks for buying books if you desire
- Your creativity 🙂
2023 Writer in Residence
Laurie is crazy about crabs, nesting boxes, twinkle lights,
sappy movies, and the sea. Revenge Never Rests is her fifteenth
published novel. She writes in multiple genres, penning her
women’s fiction and romance novels as Laurie Lewis and her
historical fiction novels as L.C. Lewis. Her historical novel,
The Letter Carrier recently won best adult general
fiction/historical and novel of the year Whitney Awards.
If you sign up for a critique group during the breakout sessions, you will receive detailed instructions via email.
Generally, you need to bring up to five double-spaced pages of your current WIP. You will need enough copies for all the members in your group as well. If you do not know how many are in your group, contact Terry Deighton at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can help you.