The Northwest Retreat is sponsored by the Northwest Region of the American Night Writers Association. It is held annually to allow ANWA women writers an opportunity to write, hone their craft, and experience a beautiful setting. Our 2021 retreat will be held at the Rosario Beach Marine Laboratory located at beautiful Rosario Beach. We will enjoy a large common area as well as cabins. Open to all female members of ANWA.
Write-in: October 13, 2021 at 4 PM
Retreat: October 14, 2021 at 4 PM – October 16, 2021 11 AM
Full Retreat – Private Room: $160
Full Retreat – Shared Room: $125
Full Retreat – No Lodging: $50
Wednesday Write-In: $30
*No refunds after October 1st, 2021
What to Bring
- Paying for a private room will give you a whole double bed or a dorm room with a set of bunks. You will need to bring bedding such as a pillow and a sleeping bag or sheets, etc. Some of the beds are getting older, so a foam pad is a nice addition if you have one.
- A hymnal if you have one
- A laptop, iPad, or whatever device you usually use for your writing. If you have a short extension cord, you might find that handy. We will have Internet access.
- Snacks if you’d like.
- Towel, soap, and personal toiletries, medications etc. A hand towel for the bathroom and a kitchen towel might come in handy.
- Layers of clothing (Our highs are in the low 50’s, and we’ll be on the ocean.)
- Money/checks for buying books if you desire
- Your creativity 🙂
2021 Keynote – Stephanie Black
Stephanie Black has loved books since she was old enough to grab the pages and has enjoyed creating make-believe adventures since she and her sisters were inventing long Barbie games filled with intrigue and danger or running around pretending to be detectives. She is a four-time Whitney Award winner for Best Mystery/Suspense Novel. Stephanie lives in northern California, plays the violin in a community symphony but never practices enough, and likes to wander around taking pictures of birds. She enjoys spending time with her family, is a fan of homemade pizza, chocolate-chip cookies, and naps, and ranks as the cat’s third-favorite person, though that ranking is shaky.
If you sign up for a critique group during the breakout sessions, you will receive detailed instructions via email.
Generally, you need to bring up to five double-spaced pages of your current WIP. You will need enough copies for all the members in your group as well. If you do not know how many are in your group, contact Melanie Mason at email@example.com, and she can help you.